Mental Health Basics
October 12, 2023
3 p.m. EST
SME: Stephanie Smith MSW, LCSW
Stephanie is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and currently works as the Center of Excellence Regional Behavior Specialist for Region 8. Stephanie has experience in numerous settings including residential behavioral health, child welfare, the non-profit sector and medical social work.
In this second session, participants will improve their knowledge about serious mental illness and will improve their ability to care for residents with mental illness.
Participants will learn about:
- The definitions of serious mental illness
- The causes of serious mental illness
- Prevalence of serious mental illness in nursing facilities
- The impact of mental illness on health outcomes
- The benefits of understand mental illness