An Introduction to Creating a Trauma-Informed Culture in the Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Facility: PART 1
May 10, 2023
2 - 2:30 p.m. EST
This is an introduction to key components that support staff can use to integrate trauma informed approach in facility operations and all resident interactions.
- Describe key trauma-informed care terms and concepts and how they apply in the nursing home setting.
- Explain the impact of a nervous system response and how to incorporate a trauma-informed approach for resident expressions of distress.
- Differentiate between trauma screening and trauma assessment and why this distinction is critical.
- Operationalize CMS federal guidelines trauma-informed care in nursing facilities.
- Articulate strategies to apply trauma-informed care principles in daily care and facility operations.