Opioid Use Disorder Management in Nursing Facilities
September 28, 2023
1 - 1:30 p.m. EST
This training will provide an overview of opioid use disorders (OUD) in nursing facilities, offer valuable insights, explore medication options, and equip nursing facility staff with an understanding of how to manage this complex issue among residents with a diagnosis of OUD.
- Learn the epidemiology of OUD and why there is an increase of resident admissions with this disorder.
- Learn how to assess for opioid cravings/withdrawal and how this differs from a pain assessment.
- Identify medical complications for OUD and conditions most likely seen in post-acute and long-term care settings.
- Identify concepts in treatment for OUD:
- Medications: buprenorphine, methadone, naltrexone.
- Behavioral strategies.
- Mutual support groups